2013 Summer Camp
You are invited to come learn and play on Jekyll Island this summer at Jekyll 4-H Summer Camp! Camp registration (including cost and availability) is handled through your county Extension office. Please call 1-800-ASKUGA1 or click here to find your county Extension office. Click here to visit the summer camp programs at Georgia's other 4-H Centers.
Hope to see you on the beach at Jekyll 4-H Summer Camp!
2013 Summer Camp Dates
June 3-7 - Week 1 - Cloverleaf
June 10-14 - Week 2 - Cloverleaf
June 17-21- Week 3 - Cloverleaf
June 24-28- Week 4 - Cloverleaf
July 1-5 - Week 5 - Senior Camp
July 8-12 - Week 6 - Marine Resource Camp
2013 Summer Cloverleaf Camp
Learn about barrier islands, use a seine net, bike through Georgia history, hold a snake, go canoeing, search for sea turtles, slide down Pirate's Passage at SummerWaves, visit St. Simons Island, dance with friends and meet new ones with your crew at Jekyll 4-H.
2013 Marine Resource Camp
Spend a week learning all about the barrier islands of Georgia. Trek across Cumberland Island, trawl the seas on a real shrimp boat, hunt for shark's teeth, splash at SummerWaves, go crabbing, try kayaking and enjoy island living with the Jekyll 4-H crew.
2013 Senior Camp
Spend the week of July 4th relaxing at the Summer Waves Water Park, playing putt-putt and shopping on St. Simons Island, listening to a dynamic speaker, giving back through community service activities, attending interesting classes, and having plenty of free time to meet new friends and hang on the beach! Classes may include Shark Fishing, Dolphin Cruise, Canoeing, Kayaking, Biking, GA Sea Turtle Center, Robotics, Relationship Smarts, Health Rocks! and much more! On July 4th, we’ll have dinner, talent show, and a dance at the new Jekyll Island Convention Center followed by fireworks on the beach!
Check out this Senior Camp Video Teaser on SchoolTube!:
2013 Summer Camp Rules
- No cell phones (for Cloverleafs), flip-flops, or skimpy two-piece bathing suits are allowed at camp. Tankinis are allowed.
- Listen to counselors and adults. A raised hand means it is time to listen.
- Shoes (wet or dry) must be worn at ALL times.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn in the dining hall at ALL times.
- No campers outside of camp boundaries without an adult (includes boardwalk).
- No food or drinks in dorm rooms.
- Rinse all mud and sand off outside dorm rooms. Wet shoes can stay outside.
- Collect only empty shells and rinse them off outside, not in sinks.
- Litter and recyclables should be disposed of in the appropriate containers.
- Campers may only be in their own dorm rooms.
Downloadable 2013 Summer Camp Information
The following documents are available to download in PDF format:
- General Information
- Clover Camp
- Marine Resource Camp
- Senior Camp
2013 Jekyll 4-H Summer Camp Counselors
2013 Lead Counselor
|Jazmin Thomas - Captain||Houston County|
|Aubrey Fowler (not pictured)|